FOUNDATION DRAWING COURSE (beginner to advanced) ©:
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?
This course is our pride and joy and was developed over many years.
It is for the absolute beginner and experienced artist alike.
It covers all the bases of drawing and INSIGHT to drawing and art.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN WITH FOUNDATION DRAWING:
- Apply Correct Pressure to your drawing and painting.
- Work with pencil, charcoal, conte, pastels, paper stumps, putty erasers and various different papers.
- Using the correct drawing tools to sketch with.
- Control your line work in drawing with pencil, charcoal and pastels.
- Space and proportion areas correctly when drawing.
- Master hand-eye control in drawing.
- Observe objects and pictures correctly according to what is important and what is not.
- Use a step by step method to learn to draw.
- Proportion one area to another and to measure spaces more easily.
- Interpret light. tone and shade and learn how to manipulate it in drawing.
- Correctly shade and grade shading to obtain great results.
- Draw from pictures and from life.
- Understand blending
- Made aware of pitfalls such as over-blending
- Accomplish detail and texture
- Adjust your patience to the type of work you do
- Use composition to create a great picture
- Understand proportion
- Learn to loosen-up
- Instructional drawing and teaching about making a drawing work and look better - all the secrets you always wanted to know
- Do an impromptu charcoal and water colour.
OUTLINE OF OUR DRAWING COURSE:
- PART 1, 2 AND 3:
- Line control, measuring, hand and eye control, shape and form, tonal and shading exercises and various small projects.
- PART 4:
- Learning to draw from a picture by using a step by step guide.
- PART 5:
- Portrait in pencil and pastel on Fabriano Paper - a black and white drawing - Learn to scale, proportion, map tones, integrate, blend, redefine and add drama. (This can be your first departure point from the course - moving on to painting for instance).
- PART 6:
- Freehand Pastel - start integrating colour.
- PART 7 - 11:
- Live drawing, charcoal and pencil; actual basic drawings where you can learn different styles and to loosen-up.
- PART 12
- Elements of Art - Composition, perspective drawing and so on.
Art Classes at Ajay's Johannesburg:
2 Quinine Street, Glen Marais, Kempton Park, South Africa
Norscot Manor, Penquin Street, Fourways
Ullmann Recreation Centre, Alma Road, Morningside